Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Daughter's Ear Piercing

We have to do ear piercing for my daughter (She is around two years four months) on 25th Jan 2007 between 12 PM and 12:30 PM. I spent good amount of time in finding out ear piercing methods and was oscillating between traditional way of piercing (with needle) versus gun shot. Finally choose the Gun Shot after speaking to couple of friends. Some of the concerns of Gun Shot seems to be danger of Contamination as Gun's can't be properly sterilized, but after considering the pain etc, we took that risk.

Once we have gone for Gun Shot, we called every Jewellery shop around central parts of the Bangalore and found out Alukkas Jewellery has the Gun and they do ear piercing. We went there and saw the Gun, it looked new and clean. We also saw the sterilized studs. By this time we also realized most of the hospitals too do the ear piercing. We contacted Manipal Hosital, Sagar Appolo Hospital, Mallya Hospital, Apporva Diagnostics and Sagar Clinic. All of them said, they will do but except Mallya and Apporva every one ran out of Studs at the same time and they can do only after ten days. Except Mallya Hospital, every other hospital an ENT doctor will do the ear piercing, in Mallya plastic surgeon does it. Unfortunately for the doctor at Mallya our timings aren't feasible and at apporva the ENT doctor is on vacation. That left us with Alukkas and we have decided to go ahead with it.

Mean while, I saw some ear piercing videos at youtube and some of them cried badly and some of them coped well but overall those who went for gun shot are better off (from pain point of view). We went exactly at 12 PM on that day to Alukkas. My daughter didn't realize till the first ear's piercing is done and the stud is in. That's when she realized pain and started crying and wasn't agreeing for the piercing of the other ear. This is where piercing of the two ears with the help of two guns and two people would be great. Some how we controlled her and second ear was pierced and all done. It took approximately 5 mins and they charged Rs 150. In another fifteen minutes after buying her some chocos she stopped crying but kept on saying it is paining. We gave some pain killer drops and by the evening she is okay and we are relieved.

9 comments:

  1. Cant imagine the pain.. that too on the tender ears...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what ... ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it used to be an elaborate function onse. 5 minutes, huh ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some things are for better.. and I am happy this one is ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had to get my daughter's ears pierced as well. She was 1 year and 4 months old. Checked all over Bangalore and found a very good safe gunshot piercing by Dr. Ashok Patil. pleasant experience, safe, clean and done by medical doctor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Patil's AMP Ear Piercing Center :

    His contact numbers are:
    9845543015
    9343826182

    They also have a website with some detials: www.earpiercingdoctor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:33 PM

    It was certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking for getting my ears pierced done by gunshot in Bengaluru and also only by a doctor or some kind of medical professional having experience piercing the ears. Finally I wanted to get my ears pierced only by ear piercing doctor in Bangalore and found this. For sure it was quite good with Dr. Patil. www.earpiercingdoctor.com His contact number may still be the same 93438 26182. I think he does all kinds of piercings even for babies - I researched quite a bit since I wanted this to be a painless and hassle free procedure since body piercing ear or nose piercing involved risks so I finally ended up getting it done here – it was definitely very good , neat, safe and precise.

    ReplyDelete